Ijazah Course with Commentary
ICNA is pleased to announce an online weekly course to study forty Aḥādīth comprise compiled by Imam Al-Nawawi explaining the main essential and fundamental concepts of Islām., Inshaa Allah.
Here are some highlights (click here to register):
- Every Tuesday at 9 pm
- Recording of one hadith study each week followed by Q&A
- Using the text by Dr Jamal Badi
- Taught by Dr. Masood Ranginwala, an ICNA ILF Instructor
- Opportunity to obtain an Ijāzah certificate
- Powerpoint slides provided for each hadith
- Short quiz at the end of each webinar
- Each session will be approximately 60 minutes long
- Delivered as a webinar – Must RSVP to get access
- Free and open to all – Families encouraged to join together
- Register once and attend all subsequent sessions with same link
You should receive a reminder email one day (and also one hour) before each session. If you do not get reminder emails then please contact us at email@example.com. Jazak Allah Khair.
Every Tuesday @ 9 pm
Register to get an email with webinar link.
The collection of Forty Aḥādīth by Al-Imām al-Nawawī has been recognized, accepted, and appreciated by Muslim scholars for the last seven centuries. Its significance lay in the fact that these selected forty Aḥādīth comprise the main essential and fundamental concepts of Islām. Imām al-Nawawī states the following regarding these Ḥadīth: “These are forty ḥadīth…each Ḥadīth from them is a great foundation of the foundation of the religion. Scholars have described regarding each Ḥadīth that Islām revolves around them, or they considered as half of Islām, or a one-third of it and the like…”. Furthermore, these aḥādīth reflect the minimum level of knowledge required for every Muslim. Various principles are contained within these aḥādīth, such as belief, Muslim ethics, and fiqh.
About Ijaza Certificate
This is an online course which offers a dynamic commentary on each of the great Ḥadīth in this collection. There is a Ḥadīth recording followed by a online question/answer session. Completion of this course also provides an opportunity to obtain an Ijāzah certificate- a trust/license that you can narrate and teach the Ḥadīth correctly to others with its general meaning with the sanad back to the Prophetﷺ. For those students who take all the quizzes on the Ḥadīth, we will set up a couple of live sessions and go through the recital of the Ḥadīth of the entire collection. Please note that the other alternative to the required quiz is to memorize the entire Ḥadīth in Arabic. Either way, an Ijazah is a unique testification that you have learned the Ḥadīth properly and can teach it to others in your community.
- Oct. 30 – Introduction and Life of Imam Al-Nawawi (r)
- Nov. 6 – Hadith #1 – Actions are Judged by Intentions
- Nov. 13 – Hadith #2 – Islam, Iman, Ihsan
- Nov. 20 – Hadith #3 – Islam is Built Upon Five
- Nov. 27 – Hadith #4 – Deeds are Judged by Their Final Actions
- Dec. 4 – Hadith #5 – Rejection of Evil Deeds and Innovations
- Dec. 11 – Hadith #6 – Protecting the Heart
- Dec. 18 – Hadith #7 – The Religion is Naseehah (Sincere Advice)
- —- Short Break —–
- Jan. 8 – Hadith #8 – The Sanctity of a Muslim
- —- will continue weekly till Ramadan, Inshaa Allah —-