Saturday, April 20, 2019
Time: 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
We will start taking submissions on Jan. 01, 2019 in shaa Allah!
(Time may change, please check again)
Young Reciter: age up to 10 years
Freshmen Hafiz: age up to 12 years
Sophomore Hafiz: age up to 14 years
Junior Hafiz: age up to 16 years
1) Syllabus by age group.
2) You must be registered with the ICNA-MAS Annual Convention 2019.
3) Online Registration deadline is Saturday, Apr. 13, 2019 at 9:00 pm or pay $10/child onsite Friday, Apr. 19, 2019 between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm at the Information/Registration Booth. The maximum number of contestants per category will be 30. Registration will be closed once we reach our limit.
4) Contestants will be tested as follows: (A) Memorization (60%) (B) Tajweed (40%)
5) The age of the participants within the group will be taken into account only as a tie breaker.
6) Participants cannot be Past years winners, Qur’an teachers, Imams, or community leaders.
7) Winners of the Quran Competition at ICNA-MAS convention do not qualify for 3 following years.
8) There will be 2 winning positions for each group. If the number of registrants for any group is less than 6, ONLY one winning position will be awarded.
9) ICNA/MAS organizers reserve the right to dismiss, cancel and/or disqualify any contestant without liability at any time, with immediate effect; this includes, but is not limited to, any participant who tampers with the operation of the competition or competition site or violates the terms and conditions, or any other applicable laws and regulations.
10) Participants must be registered Convention attendees, and are responsible for hotel accommodation, food, transportation and all other related expenses.
11) Participants have NO right to object, reject, or decline the judges’ ruling; Judges’ ruling will be final, but if participants have any concern they should address it to the head of the Judging Committee or the organizers.
12) Participants must agree to the terms and conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns please send an e-mail to the organizers at Recite@icna.us
This agreement for participation (“Agreement”) made effective this 1st of January 2016, by and between Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) and Muslim American Society (MAS), its organizers, and staff (“ICNA/MAS”) and conference participant(s) and/or their Guardians (“Participant(s)”). Participant desires to participate in a ICNA/MAS Qur’an Competition; ICNA/MAS makes no express warranties of its intentions, desires, hopes, or aspirations, with respect to participation of any particular individual(s). NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises herein contained, the parties hereto agree as follows: You grant ICNA/MAS the right in perpetuity to publish the work on its websites and through our partner sites in accordance with our Terms & Conditions of use, and to use it in publicity material. ICNA/MAS also has the right to take audio/video/pictures material of the participants, keep any of your submissions for publicity, communication (through e?mails, website. etc) and marketing purposes. You grant permission for your material to be reviewed, judged, awarded, and edited for publication and web delivery according to our requirements (This means you waive your moral rights in the work for the purposes of its submission to and use by ICNA/MAS and also for use by its partners). ICNA/MAS is not liable for participants’ failure to review these Terms and Conditions. Anyone republishing material from the ICNA/MAS website, any of its partner sites, or any of its publications without prior permission is liable for any resulting infringement of copyright. In the case of any copyright claims, ICNA/MAS reserves the right to disclose the true names and any other contact information of authors writing under pen names or anonymity to any legal authority that requests it. ICNA/MAS reserves the right to reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations. ICNA/MAS is under no obligation to publish, review, judge, or award any work submitted. ICNA/MAS is working with several publishers and other local and national resellers. You agree not to hold ICNA/MAS, any of its Conference Hosts, namely but not limited to: Hotels, Banquet Halls, or any other Hosting Facilities liable for any personal injury claims arising out of, in commission of, or subsequent to, participation at ICNA/MAS Qur’an Competition or its events. ICNA/MAS organizers reserve the right to dismiss, cancel and/or disqualify any participant without any liability at any time with immediate effect any participant who tampers with the operation of the competition or competition site or violates the terms and conditions or any other applicable laws and regulations. ICNA/MAS cannot guarantee return of any item you submit to us so be sure to keep a copy. If you are a minor, then you are required to have a parent or guardian co?sign this agreement. ICNA/MAS cannot accept consent forms submitted by minors without an accompanying parental signature. If you are unclear about any aspect of this consent form, you may contact ICNA/MAS by mail or email.
Q. My son is under 8 years age can he participate?
A. Younger participants can choose to participate in their age group or older age group, however older participants can not compete in the younger age group.
*- Under 10 years old can participate in any group
*- 12 years old can participate in Freshman, Sophomore or Junior Hafiz
*- 14 years old can participate in Sophomore or Junior Hafiz
*- 16 years old can only participate in Junior Hafiz
Q. My daughter is 16 years and do not like to recite on the stage, is there any alternate?
A. We have organized a separate room only for sisters, girls 12 and older, will be tested by our Sister Judges.
Q. My daughter has not memorized the entire syllabus, can she still participate?
A. We encourage children to put their best effort to memorize Quran, we do not ask if they completed their syllabus or not.
Q. My son is 9 years old and he would like to participate in Group “A”, how do I know that the group has not reached the limit of 30 already?
A. This year we are attempting a quiz style approach, this will allow any number of contestant to participate and there will be no registration required.
Q. How the test will be conducted?
A. Contestant will be given a baskets to pick a random card, and hand over to the judge. Judge then will recite the Ayah mentioned on the card and contestant will continue to recite for about 7 Ayah or judge will decide when to stop.